The NEET (UG) is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) since 2019 with the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
About National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test NEET(UG)
- The NEET (UG) is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) since 2019 with the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- NEET (UG) has to be conducted as a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to the undergraduate medical education in all medical institutions, including those governed under any other law in force.
|Starting Date for Registration of Online Form
|06 April 2022
|Last Date for Registration of Online Form
|06 May 2022
|Last Date for Payment Exam Fee
|07 May 2022
|Date of Examination
|17 July 2022
|Timing of Examination
|02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST)
|Category of Candidate
|SC/ST/ Third gender/PwBD
- Candidate must have passed OR appearing 12 Standard Exam in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in the Regulations of NMC and DCI. In addition, they must have got a rank in the merit list of NEET (UG) 2022 for admission to Undergraduate Medical Courses.
- He/she has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year of the Undergraduate Medical Course.
How to Apply
Step 1 – Registration Form:
Register for the Online Application Form and note down the system-generated Application Number. The candidate should provide the required details while filling the Online Application Form. The candidate must also create a PASSWORD and choose Security Question and enter an Answer. After successful submission of the personal details, an Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and will also be required for all future reference/correspondence. For subsequent logins, the candidate will be able to login directly with the system generated Application Number and Password created.
Step 2: Application Form:
The Candidates can log in with the system-generated Application Number and pre-created Password for completing the Application Form including filling up personal details, choosing the Question Paper medium and Examination Cities, providing the details of Educational Qualifications, and uploading the images and documents (if any).
Step 3: Fee Payment:
After completing Step 1 and Step 2, the candidates have to pay the requisite examination fee. The fee can be submitted online only through Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, or Paytm Services. Processing charges and GST as applicable are chargeable to the candidate. The Confirmation Page of the online Application Form will be generated only after successful payment by the Candidate. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee, then the candidate may have to approach the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway (in the helpline number and e-mail given in the Information Bulletin) for ensuring the successful payment or for obtaining the refund of duplicate/multiple payments].
Download, save and print a copy of the Confirmation Page of the Application Form (which would be downloadable only after successful remittance of fee) for future reference.
Mode of Examination
NEET (UG) – 2022 is a Pen & Paper-based Test, to be answered on the specially designed machine gradable OMR sheet using Ball Point Pen provided at the Centre. Moreover tampering with the OMR at any stage will lead to debarring of the candidature for 3 years.
Medium of Examination
- Candidates can opt for a Question Paper in any one of the following 13 languages:
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be carefully chosen while filling in the Application Form. The option once chosen cannot be changed.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only
- Candidates opting for Hindi would be provided with a Bilingual Test Booklet in English and Hindi.
- Candidates opting for Regional languages would also be provided with a Bilingual Test Booklet in selected Regional language and English.
- In case of any ambiguity in the translation of a question in the test, its English version shall be treated as final and the decision of NTA shall be final in this regard.
Pattern of the Test
The Test pattern of NEET (UG) – 2022 comprises four Subjects. Each subject will consist of two sections. Section A will consist of 35 Questions and Section B will have 15 Questions, out of these 15 Questions, candidates can choose to attempt any 10 Questions. So, the total number of questions and utilization of time will remain the same.
|Number Of Question
|Marks (Each Question
carries 04 (Four) Marks)
|Type Of Question(s)
mark. Unattempted/Unanswered Questions will be given no marks.