The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct a computer-based Common Admission Test 2022 (CAT 2022) on Sunday, November 27, 2022 in three sessions. CAT 2022 will be conducted by IIMs as a prerequisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs.
Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)
IIMs are considered India’s premier national institutes providing quality management education and research. IIMs primarily offer post graduate, Doctorial and executive education programmes. The flagship programme of IIMs is the two-year post-graduate programme. These two year programmes are residential in nature. The Fellow / Doctorial Programme in Management (FPM) is a fulltime doctoral level programme in management, leading to the award of a Ph.D. The Executive Post Graduate programmes are targeted at working professionals.
Admission to the two year post graduate programmes in IIMs is based on merit and involves a rigorous selection process comprising of a Personal Interview, Written Ability Test/Group Discussions, and scores in the Common Admission Test which is commonly known as CAT. CAT is a management aptitude test conducted by the IIMs primarily to evaluate and shortlist candidates for the post graduate programme. It is a computer-based exam and a candidate has to follow the due process of registering in order to appear for this exam conducted once a year.
About CAT 2022
CAT 2022 is a prerequisite for admission to various Post Graduate and Fellow/Doctorate programmes of IIMs. CAT 2022 scores are allowed to be used by listed non-IIM member institutions. A list of such institutions is provided on the CAT website. IIMs have no role in the selection process of non-IIM institutions.
|Opening Date for Registration of Online Form
|03 August 2022
|Last Date for Registration of Online Form
|14 September 2022
|Last Date for Payment of Examination Fee
|14 September 2022
|Download Admit Card
|27 October to 27 November 2022
|CBT Exam Date
|27 November 2022
|For SC, ST and PwD category candidates.
|For All Other Categories of candidates.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) categories].
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
Candidates applying for CAT 2022 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks.
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA/Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of India (FIAI)) with required percentage.
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage.
- SC/ST/PwD candidates should have a minimum 45%. For General, EWS and NC-OBC candidates, the minimum is 50%.